STEMWerkz is a digital elementary STEM science platform designed to encourage children to investigate, discover, design, and invent.
*Disclosure: I was asked for an honest review of STEMWerkz. I was compensated for my time. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only choose to share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy and benefit from.
Homeschool Science for Kids
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. STEM attributes are a hot topic in the educational world because these concepts combined help equip our children with much-needed skills for the future including:
- asking questions
- defining problems
- analyzing data
- engaging in arguments
- using computational thinking
- constructing explanations
- designing solutions to real-world problems
Children are often exposed to STEM concepts with hands-on experiments and applications. However, that can also mean a load of prep time, gathering of resources, and clean-up. That’s where an online program like STEAMWerkz is beneficial.
When I mentioned STEAMWerkz to my 9-year-old, she was super excited with the idea of science experiments she could do online.
Digital Elementary STEM Science
STEMWerkz is a multi-channeled online computer streaming service for children that makes learning STEM fun in multiple ways.
- The STEMWerkz Channel offers hundreds of interactive learning stories organized into topics and playlists to help young users explore different concepts in science and engineering. Kinda like Netflix but strictly science shows for kids.
- STEMWerkz Quests is a series of curated lessons on different science topics that enabled my daughter to explore on her own. The Quests science experiments were my daughter’s favorite part of this digital science program. These definitly spark her imagination and scientific thinking.
- The STEAM Valley game facilitated the learning of science and engineering concepts through the building of the STEAM Valley town. My daughter helped the mayor of the town with unique problems and challenges that the town faces and then helps to expand town.
STEMWerkz is suitable for ages 5-12. There is also an app for Android and iOS. Although, the apps do not work offline, and they must have internet access to work. We used our laptop since my daughter does not have internet access on her tablet.
STEMWerkz does offer a 7-day Free Trial, so you can see for yourself all the educational fun STEMWerkz has to offer! If you like what you see, they offer monthly and yearly plans.
What We Loved About STEMWerkz
STEMWerkz has a library of over 1,000 interactive lessons and games.
My daughter LOVED the science experiments within the Quests of STEMWerkz. These digital experiments were interactive and fun, plus she learned a ton of new concepts like:
- Waves and Information
- Matter and its Interactions
- Life Structures and Functions
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Plus so much more!
Seriously, this was her favorite part of the entire program.
STEMWerks would be perfect for elementary kids that love science and are strong readers. For kids who aren’t strong readers, then a parent would need to sit next to them and read the problems, and graphs. It would be great if the developers added a read to me function for kids who are not yet fluent.
STEMWerkz would also be beneficial for moms who want to utilize an online platform with their kids. Being online also means no additional clutter in the homeschool space.
I think STEAMWerkz is a fabulous option for homeschool families looking to add more STEM into their homeschool. It is colorful and engaging while providing loads of educational content that helps kids learn to identify and solve problems now and in the future.
You may also enjoy these other science-related posts