Spring, summer, autumn, or winter- anytime is a great time to study the weather with your kids. Learn about how to predict the weather, different weather patterns, and natural disasters with this awesome hands-on unit study!
*Disclosure: I was asked for an honest review of The Waldock Way’s Weather and Natural Disaster Unit Study. I was compensated for my time. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only choose to share resources that I would use with my own family and those that I believe other families will enjoy and benefit from.
It’s no secret that we love using The Waldock Way’s unit studies in our homeschool! These unit studies have included:
- Who Would Win Unit Study for Kids
- Christmas Around the World with Cookies
- Hands-On Ocean Study for Kids
- Discover National Parks for Kids
- Amazing 50 States Homeschool Geography Curriculum
- Harry Potter Homeschool Perfect for Young Wizards
I am so excited to share that The Waldock Way has a NEW Weather and Natural Disaster Unit Study, that we’ve started using!
Hands-On Weather Study for Kids
Jessica Waldock, creator of The Waldock Way, is fabulous at creating these hands-on unit studies perfect for all ages. Did you know that this new weather study can even be used for high schoolers for a semester credit? How amazing is that? After using the Weather and Natural Disaster Unit Study with my daughter this past semester, my son has decided that for his second semester of 10th grade, we’ll dive into all things weather! There are more in-depth research projects and writing prompts included for older kids. I’m so excited!
Hands-On Weather and Natural Disasters
With The Waldock Way’s Weather and Natural Disaster Unit Study your children will learn about:
- Introduction to Weather & Natural Disasters
- Who Studies the Weather and Famous Meteorologist
- The Four Seasons
- Predicting & Measuring Weather
- The Atmosphere
- Weather Powered
- The World’s Climates
- Water Cycle
- Rain, Thunder & Lightning
- Earthquakes & Volcanoes
- Research Project for Older Kids
- Weather & Natural Disasters Themed Writing & Figurative Language
This is a digital product that is emailed to you after purchase.
Why I Love The Waldock Way’s Weather Unit Study
My daughter and I loved The Waldock Way’s Weather Unit Study because it was super easy to use while being chock full of learning experiences.
- This Weather Unit Study is not scripted. You are given a suggestion of activities, but you can modify the program to better suit your child and your homeschool! This is perfect for our interest-led homeschool because we bounce around A LOT! During our Snowmageddon, we jumped to Snow and Blizzards!
- Jessica provides a ready-for-you list of resources and clickable links, from games to books, so you can pick and choose what works best for your family! There are so many tidbits you can add but aren’t required.
- If you are budget-conscious, you can find many book suggestions at your local library.
- This unit study is digital, so I didn’t need to print everything off all at once! I printed sections as I needed them.
- My daughter’s favorite parts of this entire unit study were the hands-on activities that accompanied each section AND the YouTube video playlists! Below, you can see the borax crystal snowflake she made while studying Snow and Blizzards!
- Pinterest boards for extra crafts are included!
- Reading passages with discussion questions are included.
- No Waldock Way unit study is complete without printable games such as Sudoku, Spot It, Weather Bingo, etc!
Everything you could possibly want to know about weather and natural disasters are included with this hands-on weather study for kids. It’s perfect for children of all ages, and our family loved all of the hands-on activities! Check it out for yourself and start studying the weather with your kids today!