Are you looking to teach your kid’s about the U.S. elections process this year?
With a Presidential election on the horizon, this is looking like a pivotal year for our country.
Voting is one of the most important things we can do as United States citizens. But do you wonder how to explain what an election is and how it works to your child? What about how important elections are for our country?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement for more information.
U.S. Elections Process for Kids Unit Study
U.S. Elections Lap Book from Home School in the Woods is perfect for starting your unit study on the election process.
This U.S. Elections Lap Book will help your child understand how we elect a President of the United States and how the entire U.S. elections process works!
The U.S. Elections lap book takes you through a brief history of the U.S. government and how it elects its leaders.
Election Lap-Pak Activities
Included in the U.S. Election Lap Book are 21 lap booking project topics for grades 3rd-8th that incorporate creative writing, coloring and drawing, research, and more. This has been perfect for my hands-on kinesthetic learner.
ELECTION LAP-PAK ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Definition of “Election”
- Different Forms of Government
- The American Experiment
- The Three Branches of Government
- Who Do We Vote For?
- Terms of Office
- Political Parties
- Caucuses & Primaries
- National Conventions
- The Presidential Campaign: Platform
- Stump Speaking
- Media — News Source
- Campaign Advertising
- Raising Money
- Election Day
- The Electoral College
- Inauguration Day
- The Electoral Race!
- The “Vocabinet”
U.S. Elections Lap Book
The U.S. Elections Lap Book is a comprehensive study helping kids to understand what is an election, explain voting, explain the electoral college, as well as the importance of voting.
It is self-paced so you can spend as little or as much time on a lesson as you like. Because this is a digital product it is perfect for larger families that may need or want to print off multiple copies.
Election Books for Kids
Do you want to dig deeper into your Election study? Try some of these books!
Election Process Resources
- The Crash Course videos are wonderful at explaining the elections process.
- The Hip Homeschool Moms have a great list of election-related printables and ideas.
- My kids love BrainPop! Lucky for us they have several games and quizzes on civics and elections! Cast Your Vote, Citizenship, Political Beliefs, Presidental Election, Primaries and Caucuses, Voting, Win the White House, Women’s Suffrage, and Democracy.
- Election Nights! Board Game can be played by two players or in teams. It’s a fun way to teach your child about the election process. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- The Schoolhouse Rock Election Collection is a trip down memory lane for us moms, but also a great resource for our kids!
So tell me, how are you teaching about the U.S. Elections this year?
You may also enjoy these other history-related posts:
- World War II Hands-On American History
- History Fun with History Unboxed
- Early American History Timeline and Unit Study
- Hands on History with Project Passport
- 50 of The Best World War II Books for Middle Schoolers